Back from the dead!
It turns out that there is an upside to having one’s colleagues drop like flies of The Dreaded Lurgy (leaving one tethered to the cash register alone without so much as kilo box of Puccini bon-bons for sustenance): Suddenly there is suddenly time for those little jobs that never get done. Like providing Do You Read Me? readers with a little light entertainment in the form of tenuous literary links.
Today’s links are for the Word Nerds among us.
- Or the Word Geeks among us. Or Wonks. Or dweebs, or swots. 🙂 You too can annoy your friends with pointless vocabulary with this handy visual thesaurus.
- Names inspired by books: Beer. Bands. Streets. A dinosaur.
- How punctuation collared a killer. A great story!
- Teenier hypes me. Bras ore torn. Teacup Matron. Oh the fun we have had entering author names into this anagram finder.
- The Dutch founded New York. The Dutch were among the first to go to The new World. So how come Americans don’t speak Dutch?