The Element is the point at which natural talent meets personal passion. When people arrive at the Element, they feel most themselves and most inspired and achieve at their highest levels. With a wry sense of humor, Ken Robinson looks at the conditions that enable us to find ourselves in the Element and those that stifle that possibility.
Drawing on the stories of a wide range of people, including Paul McCartney, Matt Groening, Richard Branson, Arianna Huffington, and Bart Conner, he shows that age and occupation are no barrier and that this is the essential strategy for transforming education, business, and communities in the twenty-first century.
A breakthrough book about talent, passion, and achievement from one of the world’s leading thinkers on creativity and self-fulfillment.
What is the Spiritual Book Club?
The Spiritual Book Club’s focus is on practical Spirituality. “How do I apply these spiritual insights in my own life?” “How can I stay centered in the hectic of every day living?” are questions we will address during our discussions. Coming together with other “spiritual seekers” from all over the world in an ambiance of mutual respect and relaxed openness is what the Spiritual Book Club is all about.
- When: every 2nd Sunday of the month
- Next meeting: Sunday March 11th
- Time: 15:00 to 17:00
- Location: ABC Treehouse, Voetboogstraat 11, Amsterdam
- Cost: free, but reservations are requested via host and participants are expected to buy the book selection at ABC
- Minimum number of participants: 4
- Host: Femke Wijdekop, e-mail email@example.com