This year we decided to introduce all our buyers to you at the same time. That way, if you want an expert, you’ll know exactly who to turn to in which store.
Gift Ideas on display in the picture above:
- The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings: Deluxe Pocket Boxed Set – J. R. R. Tolkien
- A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms – George R. R. Martin
- Welcome to Night Vale – Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor
- The Owner’s Manual to Terrible Parenting – Guy Delisle
- Lumberjanes, vol. 1 – Noelle Stevenson et al
- Walt Disney’s Donald Duck: The Pixelated Parrot – Carl Barks
- What Color is Your Parachute? 2016 Edition – Richard N. Bolles
- Straight to Hell: True Tales of Deviance, Debauchery, and Billion-Dollar Deals – John Lefevre
- The Business Book
What books from the list above do you want to highlight?
“A Knight of Seven Kingdoms. The stories collected here are not new, but they have always been hard to find so it’s great to finally have a beautiful hardcover to read while you wait for The Winds of Winter.
“Donald Duck. These well-designed editions of Carl Barks stories have been around for a while. He is the man who came up with most of the characters in Duckburg, and his stories have been reprinted since the 1950s. In the USA the Donald Duck stories don’t ‘live’ the same way they do here in the Netherlands, though; there is no weekly magazine there. These editions are one of the few ways to read Donald Duck in English.
“Straight to Hell, because it’s great to read about all that debauchery around Christmas time. It will make you feel like an angel!”
What soon-to-be-released title do people need to pre-order?
“DC Comics has published 3 sets of graphic novels with masks (of V for Vendetta, The Joker and The Court of Owls). This year the fourth one is planned, of Batman villain Deathstroke. Will Smith will be playing him in the upcoming movie Suicide Squad.”
Note: between the day this picture was taken and the day this post was published, the Deathstroke mask arrived. It’s fearsome!
More buyers with their gift ideas will be presented on the blog every day. An overview post can be found here.