This year we decided to introduce all our buyers to you at the same time. That way, if you want an expert, you’ll know exactly who to turn to in which store.
Gift Ideas on display in the picture above:
- Plankton: Wonders of the Drifting World – Christian Sardet
- Inaugural Parade – Julie Hyzy
- Funko! Pop figure: Snoopy + Woodstock
- The Colour of Magic: Unseen University Collection – Terry Pratchett
- KA-POW! 2016 Wall Calendar
- Imaginary Cities – Darran Anderson
- Insight Globe: Blue Planet
- Proof – David Auburn
- An Illustrated Book of Bad Arguments – Ali Almossawi and Alejandro Giraldo
- After You – Jojo Moyes
- Monster, vol. 2 (Perfect Edition) – Naoki Urasawa
- The Best American Nonrequired Reading 2015 – Adam Johnson (ed.)
What books from the list above do you want to highlight?
“Inaugural Parade by Julie Hyzy. Actually, the whole Cozy Crime genre, but this particular series features an appealing heroine, chef to the US president, who also solves murders. The supporting cast is strong and events take unpredictable turns – it’s a real feast to read.
“Monster by Naoki Urasawa. This series doesn’t get enough exposure, probably because it’s not an in-your-face manga. The story, however, is deeply human and really means something. The art is also gorgeous. It’s the perfect manga.
“Plankton. This is a stunning photo book about a world we don’t know much if anything about. Real nature is a lot crazier than we can ever imagine.”
What soon-to-be-released title do people need to pre-order?
“The new Noam Chomsky book, What Kind of Creatures Are We?. Any new title of his is always big news in the Philosophy world.”
More buyers with their gift ideas will be presented on the blog every day. An overview post can be found here.