This year we decided to introduce all our buyers to you at the same time. That way, if you want an expert, you’ll know exactly who to turn to in which store.
Gift Ideas on display in the picture above:
- Thrown Under the Omnibus – P. J. O’Rourke
- Congo: The Epic History of a People – David van Reybrouck
- Germany: Memories of a Nation – Neil MacGregor
- Nothing is True and Everything is Possible – Peter Pomerantsev
- My Promised Land – Ari Shavit
- Barbarian Days: A Surfing Life – William Finnegan
- Welcome to Paradise, Now Go to Hell – Chas Smith
- Deep South – Paul Theroux
- The Almost Nearly Perfect People: The Truth About the Nordic Miracle – Michael Booth
- The Road to Little Dribbling – Bill Bryson
What items from the list above do you want to highlight?
“Barbarian Days. Finnegan is a writer for the New Yorker magazine, and he’s written several books on politics. He’s also a fanatic surfer and this is his autobiography. It strikes several chords with me.
“My Promised Land. This is a brilliant book about contemporary Israel. It highlights Shavit’s inner conflict with the situation (Shavit is Israeli). It is a very open and balanced book.
“Nothing is True and Everything is Possible, because it is an inside look at the machinations and manipulations of Russian media.”
More buyers with their gift ideas will be presented on the blog every day. An overview post can be found here.